Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A glorious greenhouse ...

Yesterday the sun was shining all day long. I've been working the dirt in my flowerbeds for two weeks or more, getting them ready for planting ~ yesterday, I was outside trimming and edging and pulling weeds.
It was overcast, cold and drizzly all day today ... so I decided to take myself somewhere beautiful, but close to home!
I had a few errands to run over on Alpine, so I stopped in at Fruitbasket to take a look at their stuff ...
Their greenhouse is just full to the brim with the most amazing, stunning, gorgeous flowers ever!
I happily walked up and down the aisles for almost an hour, trying to learn as much as possible ~ their names, do they need sun or shade ... or a little of both ... were they an annual or a perennial ... how tall do they grow, etc. I wasn't really ready to purchase any today. I don't usually plant until Memorial weekend. But I did buy some seeds! This year, all along the backyard (south fence) I'm going to plant Zinnia's ~ tall ones behind little ones ~ two rows. The wildflowers I planted there last year were very disappointing! However, I am under strict orders NOT to mess with the rhubarb or the space for the tomatoes at either end of that same fenceline. Mr. Jones usually plants Zinnias along the south wall of the garage; but this year, he bought beans, onions and radishes to plant there instead! I hope you can find some time to dig around in your yard this year too!

No comments: