Tuesday, May 26, 2009

kindred spirits ...

The little cares that fretted me,
I lost them yesterday,
Among the fields above the sea,
Among the winds at play ...
Among the hushing of the corn,
Where drowsy poppies nod,
Where ill thoughts die and good are born ~
Out in the fields of God.
[Anonymous: Out in the Fields]
I have always loved that little poem ... it doesn't completely describe the walk I took with my dear friend, Karen, this morning ... but it was that same feeling ... we saw God everywhere ... the only thing that would have made it more perfect would have been if Lake Michigan had been just over the hill beyond that grove of trees ...
And aren't horses one of the most magnificently beautiful creatures God has made? The only time I have ever ridden a horse, I was an 11-year-old camper at Lake Ann ... and it wasn't pleasant! I ended up in a muddy puddle (bucked OFF the horse) during a hail storm ... but I still love horses ...
It was one of those dreamy gray mornings ... no sun anywhere at all ... even drizzling now and again ... but so perfect for a stroll with my dear friend.
We met these horses as we wandered through the grounds of a veterinary facility that also boards animals ...
I loved this huge gnarly old tree! We saw so many gorgeous trees today ... and flowers!




I see His face in every flower ... J.M. Plunkett

I tried to get a good shot of this tree ... see how animals are carved all over and into it? You can see the little raccoon and somewhat the larged-mouth bass and the cow ... there was dog carved further up, and an eagle way up high in the tree, and they carved a horse right at the base of the trunk ... but I didn't get good pictures of those angles.
And can you believe it? A train bridge ... and NO Mr. Jones?
A train bridge AND A TRAIN crossing it?!!! I snapped a bunch of pictures for Mr. Jones, which he smiled as he looked at!
The historic covered bridge of Ada

We talked a million miles an hour, laughed and reminisced, sharing the deep things of our hearts ... and I am refreshed, renewed, restored.

No comments: