Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Our Tom ...

Thomas K. is in his glory in the springtime ...
He stays outside almost 24/7 now. He loves our yard and thinks it belongs just to him!
We haven't received any neighborhood complaints about Thomas K in quite awhile. Alvern, the lady nextdoor, says Thomas comes in through her pet door on a regular basis ... but she still thinks he is a sweet cat.
Thomas looks a bit ferocious here (and he CAN be) but he was actually sitting on my lap talking to me about his day ...
Almost every spring, early on, Tom either climbs too high up a tree or climbs up on a neighbor's roof and then jumps off, injuring one or more of his extremities ... he'll do a three-legged walk for a week or so, but then he's fine! So far this spring, he has sustained NO injuries.
This is a typical Thomas pose ... he is completely content lounging in the partial shade watching me do my weeding ... he follows me all around the yard, keeping watch over me as I do my work. I think he is a beautiful cat.

3 comments:

Emily said...

How old is Tommy?

Sabrina said...

We can't wait to see him for ourselves in a few more weeks!

Mom Jones said...

I think Thomas is about 12 years old now, Emily. I'm not positive, but I think that's close at least.

And we'll still have to caution Jackson and Karis to be careful around this "wild beasty" of a cat ... however, as he has gotten older, I think he has mellowed a bit. :) Six more weeks until you are here, Sabrina!