Saturday, September 5, 2009

Day Five: A state of perpetual motion in El Paso

Jesus said, "Anyone who becomes as humble as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18.4
I can't believe how exhausted I am tonight and here I am uploading pictures onto this crazy blog when I should be sleeping! But they've finally uploaded and I'm going to pretty much let them roll without too much commentary. My brain is completely on empty right now.
I will tell you that we had a very full day today ... there was much JOY and happiness as we played. We began our day by walking over to the "red playground" across the street and down the block from where they kids live. We had the entire playground to ourselves. I snapped this picture of Jesse's fancy Bletsoe brace, but I'm not sure I've spelled it correctly.
It was terrifically HOT in the sun this morning. We were thankful for the shaded playground, but even with the shade, it was too hot for Grandpa Jones to tolerate for more than a half hour. He and Jesse walked back home and the children and I played for another hour. We climbed and crawled around on the equipment, pretending to fly airplanes and travel all around the world while watching REAL airplanes take off and land from the El Paso International Airport just across the street from the playground.
Christopher was his usual animated self and kept us completely entertained.
I love all of these pictures of the kiddos ...


After lunch, we got out the watercolors and painted beautiful pictures for over an hour. Our little friend, Sierra, joined us again and had the time of her life.

When we got tired of painting, we got our stickers back out and just had a great time making pictures together.
Christopher is rather partial to the dinosaur stickers ... and Matthew really liked the snowman stickers, but I just accidently deleted the picture of him with his finished paper and I haven't the patience to reload it ...
This is Emma sweeping up our tiny pieces of paper as we cleaned up the kitchen after finishing with our art work. She did such a nice job!
We were invited to a neighbor's cookout tonight, just next door to Jes and Di. We met a lot of their friends there and Mr. Jones even got to entertain twin babies who were born in early July. He was quite pleased. Emma and I played a game of checkers tonight after dinner. I'm trying to teach her strategies of the game ... as well as how to graciously lose ... I kind of let her win tonight because she'd had a tiring day and had played such a good game. We're looking forward to worship tomorrow morning and then ... more play time!

3 comments:

Larry & Judy Hand said...

Hi Carol: Looks like more than a
full day and the children's faces
show how much they love you and Don
and are having a ball. I know I'd
be exhausted. So, as always I say
to you just do as you can. We are
just happy you are there with them
for a while. Jesse looks so good and
happy too. Good to see all of that
Love and hugs to all and take care
of yourself. God Bless

Sabrina said...

what a fun day! love all the pictures and the shaded playgrounds really make the difference on a hot day.

Unknown said...

Hi Mom! I have been so busy this last week starting work that I forgot to check your blog until now. What great pictures and posts! I hope you guys continue to have a great trip. We will have to get together so I can hear all about it from you when you get back.