Monday, September 28, 2009

Skyping to see Jeremiah ...

Jeremiah Cornelius is 11 days old today and we are STILL nine days away from meeting him. Last week Tuesday, though, Adam and Emily SKYPED us and we got to kind of meet him via the computer ... what a weird techological world we live in!
It looks like Jeremiah is flexing his little muscle here to show us what a tough little fellow he is!
I would have shown you these pictures sooner, but our only computer with a webcam is our laptop, which allows you to "snap" pictures during the video feed, which is a very cool feature. But once you've taken the picture, the computer puts it away in a file ... and we couldn't FIND the file!
But Grandpa Jones diligently searched today and then he forwarded the file to MY desktop and ... voila! Adam and Emily had called us a few days earlier, but Jeremiah was sound asleep after being awake and fussy, so they didn't wake him up and we didn't see him. But this time, Jeremiah stayed awake for a little while and wiggled around in Emily's arms. We got to see his eyes wide open, but we don't think he actually SAW us ... and then he got a tiny bit fussy ...
... and then he found the exact spot he wanted on his mama, cuddled and snuggled and ...
... fell asleep. How precious. Jeremiah is beautiful, isn't he? And doesn't Emily look great? We talked with Adam too, but somehow his face wasn't near enough to the camera, so he isn't in any of these pictures. We can't wait to actually meet baby Jeremiah in person and hold him for ourselves!

The Lord said, "I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb ... "
Jeremiah 1.4

2 comments:

Thursday said...

So cool. I wish I could Skype to see my Jeremiah (and my Dorothy, too), but they don't have internet at their apartment. But that's okay, I guess, because I already know what they look like.

Yay for new technology letting you "meet" your new grandson that much earlier! And I agree, Emily looks great. She looks like an old hand at this mom stuff. :)

Ruthanne said...

Such clear pictures! He is adorable! Shari and I use tokbox, which is so easy to use, but I don't think as clear as I would like. We couldn't get Skype to work for us - we're both technology challenged!!