Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Good-bye September ...

I can hardly believe this is the last day of September! A lot has happened in these last 30 days. We drove 3900 miles to and from Texas. We got to see our children and all of our nine beautiful grandchildren ~ AND we had a brand new grandson born in Minneapolis! I've been busy designing and making cards from some of the beautiful pictures we took as we traveled. We've returned to our volunteer work at church and we have so much to give thanks for!

West Michigan had some strong storms blow through on Monday and Tuesday of this week, the winds gusting upwards of 50 mph at the lakeshore with 8-12 foot waves crashing in ... and I didn't drive out to see it! I saw some film footage on the news and regretted NOT being there ~ but there was a lot of rain with that storm and I didn't want to drive in it!

I'm sorry to see September leave us so quickly. The weather folk are talking about a first SNOW here in Grand Rapids in not more than three weeks! That's WAY too early ~ and I'm not crazy about having a white Halloween ... but the holidays are just around the corner. We're looking forward to a wedding in Ohio this weekend, and hopefully a side trip to see Marblehead Lighthouse State Park (Sandusky). And then next week we're taking a few days and driving to Minneapolis to meet and enjoy baby Jeremiah. Perhaps October will surprise everyone, warm up and give us an Indian summer like we used to have when I was a kid ... well, I can dream, can't I?

1 comment:

Ruthanne said...

No! Snow in October would be way not nice!! Actually snow in November is not nice! December right in time for Christmas is what I would call more realistic. :) Then is could be over in February or the beginning of March so we could enjoy an early spring. That is unheard of in past years in Michigan, though. I remember having a few early springs in my lifetime, though. Of course, I am 60! Did I say that? A few early springs in 60 years! Not something we can count on, I guess. :)