Monday, November 9, 2009

Enjoying our Indian Summer ...

Fair days have fallen upon us here in West Michigan! This is the first Indian Summer that we have had in our area for quite a few years ... at least to my recollection!
I've been walking around our neighborhood, soaking it up while it lasts. Since making acquaintance with our near neighbor, Lyle, who owns 18 acres of land around here and has told me I am WELCOME to all of it (!), I have walked with a new joy and freedom.
I used to explore these woods with a bit of trepidation, fearing that I was trespassing and would get caught! But knowing that I am welcome here, and invited to enjoy all of it, I had such a peaceful walk yesterday afternoon.
Today, I have been memorizing the thirteenth verse of chapter two of Ephesians. I've been kind of slow with my memory work, averaging only three verses per week ... but it has been a real blessing and I love to review all of the first chapter ... every word of it (all 545 words!) is firmly in my memory!
Ephesians 2:13 ~ " ... now you belong to Christ Jesus. Though you were once FAR AWAY from God,
now you have been brought NEAR to Him because of the blood of Christ."

1 comment:

Emily said...

We've been enjoying the nice weather too!