Thursday, November 12, 2009

Still blooming ...

I am a novice gardener. I really do not know much about plants at all. Last spring when I was shopping for annuals to plant around our bushes, I spied a pretty little plant called a "Spotted Dead Nettie" (yikes! what a name!) The leaves are such a lovely color of green, and shaped so beautifully. I bought two of them and put them right by our front door steps. I later found out this plant is a perennial ~ even better! What I didn't realize, though, was how wonderfully it would spread and how LATE it would continue to blossom with the most delicate and dainty little flowers!
I've been raking and raking and raking our million+ leaves, just an hour or so each day. Today, I was raking tons of leaves out of my flower beds ... and I received such a sweet surprise to see many hearty little flowers still blooming ...This is also the first year I have ever planted pansies. I love them! I'm going to plant a TON more next year ... it is November 12 and they are STILL BLOOMING ... this probably is not remarkable in the mild state of Texas ... but to see flowers in Michigan this time of year!
And I found many of my Dusty Millers standing tall and proud too ... under PILES of leaves!
As well as my lavender Alyssum ... my almost-favorite flower ever! I've enjoyed every single day of our unusual sunshine and mild weather. Finding these flowers today, just kind of put me over the top ...
How amazing are the deeds of the LORD!
All who delight in Him should ponder them.
Everything He does reveals His glory and majesty.
His righteousness never fails.
Who can forget the wonders He performs?
(Selected from PSALM 111)

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

That is pretty cool that they are still blooming. They are beautiful flowers too.