Saturday, February 13, 2010

A lovely surprise ...

Our doorbell rang a few minutes ago (something it rarely does) and since I was busy down in the basement, checking my e-mail, etc., I hesitated to answer it. It would probably be the little girl next door selling girl scout cookies ~ and we'd already bought ours from a friend at church ~ but then I decided against ignoring the bell and ran up and see who was there. There was nobody at all! But instead, there was a long rectangular box, the kind that could only come from a florist! Who on earth could it be for? Certainly NOT Mr. Jones! The address said it was coming from San Diego! What?!
As I opened up the box, I really had NO IDEA who would be sending these flowers. I love flowers. In fact, there are very few flowers that I am not friends with! I adore them all! And roses?! Mmmm. My favorite. So intricate and perfect.
I opened the enclosed card to find that the Rauch family was sending me love on Valentine's Day ... WOW. I am feeling the love ... and very much appreciate this lovely surprise. Aren't these colors great? There are white, peach, yellow and pink roses ... and I get to watch their beautiful pedals open, and smell them (deeply) and take care of them ... THANKS SO MUCH!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Those are beautiful roses! How sweet of the Rauch family to send them to you.

Sabrina said...

Andrew thought you might like a beautiful Valentines surprise. Glad they arrived safely and beautifully!