Saturday, February 13, 2010

Thursday morning with Kelly ...

Just this morning I was lamenting how I had some pretty pictures on my camera that I could NOT unload anywhere (due to the fact that I have a broken computer) when Mr. Jones mentioned the fact that he has a handy-dandy card reader that he could use to dump my pictures out on this dragon of a computer we have in the basement (which I am presently using). So that's exactly what he did! And now I can show you just a very few pictures of the nice time I had Thursday morning with Kelly ...
And in case you are not remembering WHO Kelly is ... she is Dylan's girlfriend and just a really wonderful person through and through. It is quite impossible NOT to love Kelly ...
We decided to meet over at Palmer Park to take a winter walk. However, the entrance gate to the park was fastened shut, so we parked down a side street and took a little extra long walk to the entrance and then beyond that into the park and hiked all along Buck Creek.
And the entire time we were walking, we never stopped talking ... even once! Well ... we did one time stop and listen to the absolute stillness that surrounded us ...
After we walked, we headed over to Chili's (the one off of 54th St) and had their amazing luncheon special ~ the all-you-can eat soup, salad, chips and salsa. Tremendously delicious!

I enjoyed every single minute of this one-on-one time with our Kelly. I so loved getting to know her better. I learned interesting stuff about her! I remember a few years ago, Dylan challenged me to participate in the Lenten season, something I had never done before. So for the past few years, I have done just that and have gained a real appreciation for it. Kelly challenged me this year, instead of taking something AWAY for Lent, to actually ADD something during this season that would remind me of all that Jesus did and all that He accomplished, especially during His Passion. I had never thought of adding something instead of just taking something away ... so I am taking the challenge! Thanks, Kelly, for a wonderful Thursday morning.

No comments: