Saturday, June 5, 2010

Growing stuff ...

Back a few weeks ago I planted some sunflower seeds in some small pots and put them on our back deck to see if they would ... grow! I have never successfully planted anything from seed before ... so you can imagine how delighted I was that 27 of the 33 seeds I planted have sprouted! I transplanted them today all along the south fence of our yard. The rain we had at the beginning of the week did a lot of damage to my flowerbeds. I had really taken a lot of time and care this year to add soil to each bed and raise up certain areas and plant lots of colorful annuals. I'm not sure if many of them will survive!
The zucchini plants are thriving ... but I hear it's pretty difficult to kill them! Good thing! I'm looking forward to baking zucchini bread and having fried zucchini at the end of the summer.
I also transplanted the exquisite little pot of roses that Dylan and Kelly bought for Mother's Day. I had it out on the back deck, but it was really starting to outgrow that little pot. I hope it does okay where I've planted it!
These tiny and perfect rose buds are just SO marvelous, aren't they? I love to grow stuff! I hope that when the LORD comes and makes everything new (like He has promised He will), that He will give me a little plot of land somewhere and let me plant ... stuff!

No comments: