Saturday, June 19, 2010

It's Diana's birthday today ...

When we met Diana about twelve years ago, Jesse was just graduating from high school. I think she was here at the house for Jesse's graduation open house ... but I'm not sure! Too many years ago and too many other graduation open houses to remember!

This picture of Diana, however, was taken a few years before we met her. I saw it on her Facebook page and ... made a copy of it for myself! I asked Diana about this picture and she told me she was all dressed up for prom (or one of the other dances) her junior year of high school; so she would be sixteen here. Isn't it fun to look at a picture like this?! I can see that Emma has her mother's eyes, can't you?

I've just seen Diana, not even a week ago, in El Paso. As is typical of me, I took 100's of pictures of the children and only a very few of Jesse and Diana. I have a nice one of the two of them together, but I'm saving that for their anniversary, which is up and coming in just a few weeks.

Grandpa Jones and I send you birthday greetings, Diana, 1600 miles through cyberspace with hugs to accompany it! We sent your card a few days ago and hope it has arrived on time! We hope your birthday is celebrated with lots and lots of JOY and gladness. We are thinking of you and hoping this year, more than any other, you will know how deeply you are loved by the LORD and how precious your life is to Him! HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY, DIANA!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Diana!

judy hand said...

Great birthday post. I believe this
was her sophmore year. And she was
at Jesse's open house cause I remember she told me all about it.