Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Just a few photos ...

This weekend is the bridal shower for Dylan and Kelly. Kelly's mom and three sisters are going to stay at our house for part of the weekend. I'm so excited to meet all of them. But you know how it is when you have guests stay the night at your house? In preparation for them, you begin to see every little thing that is WRONG about your house! So I've been on somewhat of a panic-driven cleaning/organizing/rearranging mission for the last few weeks. One of the spare bedrooms upstairs has been completely redone! Hurray! It was SO ugly in there ... and now it's ... pretty! I'll show you pictures another day of that room. We also reorganized and rearranged our family room (above) ... now the room is more open and inviting ... to everyone!
I've been working a few hours every day outside in the yard. It's amazing to me how FAST weeds can take over our flower beds ... so I've been digging them up! I love the colors of these beautiful little mini-petunias that are in the hanging baskets in our yard.
And my gift-hibiscus blossoms new flowers almost every day. It's so delightful!
However, all of my wildflower seeds that I planted along our backyard fence were washed away in the deluge a few weeks ago ... the day we received 10 inches of rain in ONE day ... at OUR house! I was hoping beautiful daisies would adorn that fence line. This year, like no other, I have seen daisies growing ... everywhere! But not in MY yard! I walked out in a field of wildflowers yesterday, SO tempted to just dig a few up and bring them home with me.
I took a drive out on the Ridge and just enjoyed the beauty of the day ...
And I drove down to Krupp Farms just to breathe in the luscious air and drink in the gorgeous landscape ...
On my drive around this side of town yesterday, I found a great deal on perennials at a little wayside farm! So I purchased just a few really beautiful ones and I've planted them along that back fence that was supposed to be WILD with flowers ... I'll take a few pictures of them IF they spread out a bit and look nice in a few weeks.

Nothing much else going on around here, except all of the anticipation of this weekend's shower and the wedding in just five more weeks!

3 comments:

judy hand said...

I know what you mean about seeing
all the stuff when people are coming
to stay. Family room looks great and
so do your flowers. We've had a
big amount of fungi in our grass, a
little water in the basement. All
ugh stuff. Hope all goes well.

Mom Jones said...

We had water in our basement too a few weeks back ... in the crawl space under the back of the house ~ what a mess!

Thanks for your well wishes, Judy!

Sabrina said...

the flowers look beautiful! can't wait to see the room redo!