Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Saturday, June 12, in EL PASO

This was my last full day in El Paso with Jesse's family. Jes wanted to do something special with the family this day, so he arranged for us to go to Wet 'n Wild, a water park about 35 minutes from the base. We arrived in the early afternoon, ate a quick lunch together ... the beautiful flowers (above) were all over the water park ... can you believe that out of the almost 70 pictures I have posted of my five days in El Paso ... this is the ONLY flower picture I am showing to you?!
... and then headed off to the water!
We started at the kiddie end of things so that we could take pictures of the children playing in the water. We didn't want to carry our cameras around with us all day and planned to check them into a locker after we took a few pictures of the kids ...



So that's exactly what we did! I have no pictures at all to show you of the huge water slides, the lazy river, the wave pool, or any of the other fun areas we visited there at the park ... because our cameras were all safely locked away! We really had a fun time together out in the wonderful hot sun (mmmmm) enjoying the cool water and adventure of the park.

There were some smaller water slides that the children could go on ... but only Christopher was brave enough to try them out! Later in the day, I got on a slide that dumped you out to very deep water and the children enjoyed watching me and Diana slide down that slide. Jesse went out on a kind of monkey-bar type of apparatus and then dropped down into a very deep pool of water himself. But I think we all enjoyed the wave pool the most of all!
After we returned our locker key, they gave us vouchers for "free" ice cream ... so we got the little kids some refreshing treats to eat ...

We drove home via the Transmountain Highway ... I LOVE this road ... and I handed my camera up to the front seat for Jesse to snap this picture ...

We played away the rest of the evening ... I just soaked up these precious little faces for as long as I could!
Thanks, Jesse and Diana, for letting Grandma Jones come and live at your house for a few days and do what grandma's love doing best ...

And thank you, LORD, for being with me every single step of every single day!

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

what a fun day at the waterpart and I love that picture of Jesse and Di- such a great shot of them!

judy and larry hand said...

We love the pictures of the water park and the kids and J&D. Looks
like you had a really fun day and
makes me want to hug all five of them. I know they loved having all
the special time with you. We went
on the highway in Dec. and got some
really great pictures. The kids kept
saying are we still in Texas.

Mom Jones said...

Yes, Judy! The kids did the same thing last Saturday ... "Are we still in Texas?" I don't think it is possible for them to grasp the enormity of that state! When Mr. Jones and I traveled once from Houston to El Paso, it was a 12+ hour drive!