Saturday, August 23, 2014

A little celebration … with a LOT of joy!

I invited myself over to Dylan and Kelly's Thursday after work … I hung around downtown until about 3:30, picked Dylan up from work, and then we went over to their house to have a small and early celebration for my birthday. 
 Little Fellow is being potty-trained … so they are sticking close to home for the process ~ otherwise, I would have gladly invited them to The Beach House to hang out instead.
Our little sweetie, here, is very lately into trains. He very firmly believes they should all have windshield wipers and go through a car wash as well ... 
We enjoyed pizza, and then for dessert Kelly had baked an oatmeal, strawberry/banana concoction that was really yummy, especially when topped with lots and lots of whipping cream. My dish was topped with a birthday candle … which Brendan blew out for me.
 Little Fellow REALLY likes whipped cream. But then Kelly whispered something about having one last chocolate truffle ...
"Did I hear mama say
CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE?!!!"
"Where did she go?"
"Mama! Did you say there was one more
chocolate truffle?"
Brendan has a deep appreciation for chocolate ... 


 It was such a beautiful evening that we decided to go for a little walk. Their neighborhood is comfortable and shady … 
 Dylan and Kelly got out Brendan's car for the walk ...

"I LOVE to drive, grandma!
The only thing missing is …
windshield wipers!"
The walkway/bridge over the creek
near their house … so pretty.
Zooming down a little hill, going full blast in his own car … such a happy Little Fellow!

No comments: