Wednesday, August 13, 2014

We celebrate Emma's birthday a tiny bit early ...

On Tuesday afternoon this week, the three older grandkiddos and I celebrated an early birthday for our Emma Joy. She actually doesn't turn 12 until Saturday ...
But … I always enjoy a little private celebration with the grandchildren because … it's more personal that way; and besides, I didn't get to celebrate any of their birthdays for more than SIX years. 
Her packages all wrapped up and ready to go!
I picked the children up and, since it was an all-day rain and everything was soaking wet outside, we spent just a few hours doing inside stuff ... 
Emma was very patient about opening her gifts. There really were no surprises here since she picked these gifts out for herself a few weeks ago ... 
 I made her a special birthday card … which I will post on her birthday blog on Saturday ...
Emma carefully read each word of her special card ... 
 Christopher had a bit of a sick stomach and wasn't quite himself ...
 Matthew was in and out of the art cupboard most of the afternoon, using my punches and art paper ...
 What's that face about, Christopher? You crack me up.
Emma was very happy to receive her very own LEGO "Surf shop" that came with the cutest little dolphin! 
I had prayed that this present would arrive in time for our Tuesday celebration … and it did! It was delivered at about 6:00 Monday evening! 
The binoculars Emma has wanted since we went over to Blandford Nature Center in early June. She was very very pleased. Me too. 
 Ah, now that's a better expression, Christopher! You STILL crack me up!
 I didn't quite have 12 candles, so we just put one on each of our cupcakes ...
This present hasn't been wrapped yet …
because I'm going to give it to
her at her party on Saturday ...
 Emma's mom and dad are giving her a party over at Sky Zone Saturday afternoon, so I'm going to wrap up this pretty pink dress and give it to her at her party. I think she will like it very much … pink is still her favorite color.

When we drove back to the grandkiddos' house, our Kaity-girl was there waiting for us. Emma gave Kaity her balloon to play with ...
And Kaity ran around in circles with the balloon ... 

… until she was pretty tuckered out! 
It was fun celebrating your birthday, Emma, even if it was a tiny bit early ...

No comments: