Friday, August 8, 2014

Choosing to think lovely thoughts ...

Doesn't it seem that sometimes all the news in the world is BAD NEWS?! I haven't had a television for the last few years, mostly because I get too caught up in the news … and then my thoughts get sad, and I am tempted to grow … hopeless.
I love this Scripture: "Fix your thoughts on what is TRUE and HONORABLE and RIGHT. Think about things that are PURE and LOVELY and ADMIRABLE. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise." Philippians 4:8 NLT 
So as I wandered down Chauncey Avenue on what was supposed to be a "brisk" walk, but wasn't because I had my camera around my neck (!) … I asked God to open my eyes to lovely things ...
… and lovely things were just about … EVERYWHERE I looked! 
I think GREEN is my new favorite color … I remember very well the grays of that very LONG winter we came through last year ...
 
Chauncey Avenue kind of meanders and winds around … and it's only 5 minutes from my front door … I'm so glad. 
I met this darling hummingbird tonight ... 
I've never had the opportunity to photograph one before, and although these are far less than stellar pictures, I'm glad I have them ...
 … isn't she just exquisite?

I snapped a few more flowers as I walked ... 


"Keep putting into practice all you learned from me and heard from me and saw me doing, and the God of peace will be with you." Philippians 4:9 NLT "The God of peace" was with me as I walked tonight … so thankful for His sweet presence.

No comments: