Sunday, August 31, 2014

Six hours of fun and play … and potty time ...

Little Fellow is two-and-a-half now and is growing up SO fast. His folks are in the middle of potty-training him, so I felt a tiny bit skeptical of him coming over to the Beach House for so many hours today without them to monitor and supervise the process! But we did OK!
I picked Brendan up from church this morning at about noon and we headed back to my place. First stop was the potty, but I was too late! Thankfully, our Little Fellow had very absorbent trainers on, which we immediately threw into the washer and exchanged them for his Thomas the Train big-boy pants! I had a little race track all set up in the main room and Brendan got right to playing as soon as he could.
Very early on in our day, Brendan brought Paco the Pig out into the main room from the play room. He wanted Paco included in all of our fun today! Olah! 
Brendan is getting more and more verbal, and his pronunciations are excellent. He is finally able to say helicopter AND windshield wipers too! For the last little while, we weren't exactly sure what he was saying for windshield wipers … he had the syllable count right, but the sound was … off! For quite a long time now, Little Fellow has had an obsession with things that SPIN or move; hence his fascination with windshield wipers, and lately CAR WASHES.
Brendan playing with his favorite helicopter
 Paco the Pig was overseeing all of the racing and building and … well, everything!
Except Paco needed to take a nap, so Brendan tucked him in quite nicely and even gave him a night-night kiss ... 
 And then he returned to spinning the helicopter blades ...
 … and spinning them … and spinning them!
 Brendan loves my Matchbox trucks too ...

 AND, Brendan discovered LEGOS today. He is NOT supposed to be into the LEGOS because he is only two … but somehow, his little chunky hands reached up to where the older grandkiddos had placed one of their models. 
 I think Brendan was completely taken in by the beauty and perfection of LEGOS … ah, Dylan was exactly like this!
 Pretty soon, it was tool time ...
 So, Little Fellow did a little bit of hammering ...
 And figuring things out ...
 He has the best time with my toys!
 About every 30 minutes or so, it was potty time! Good job, Brendan!
 Little Fellow was really into my lighthouses today! He says the word very clearly. He went from room to room asking to see them up close … so that's what we did! This one was a gift from my nephew, Daniel. You can put a little tea light inside and then … it lights up! Brendan was pleased.
 And then Brendan asked me to get down my small lighthouse models that were gifts … actually, I found them on my deck steps one afternoon … an anonymous gift!


 But I think the real hit of the day was this darling birthday card I had received from my brother, David, and my sister-in-law, Carol. As you open it, it plays an altered version of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and there is a bright shining star inside that flashes with tiny lights!
 Brendan was totally mesmerized! He loved this SO much!
 I'm pretty sure he opened and shut this card 100 times while here today!


 In between … going potty!
 Yay, Brendan!
 And WHO KNEW that cheerleader pom-pons could be used as a CAR WASH for Matchbox cars?!!
 Wow, Brendan, you have quite an imagination!
What a FUN time we had today, Brendan! You are such a sweetheart. Grandma Carol is blessed to have you for a grandson!

No comments: