Friday, September 26, 2014

The "long" way home from work ...

It was a really LONG week … difficult in so many ways. So since the week was long, I decided I might just as well take the long way home from work tonight. There are about 100 different routes I can choose from, but this one never disappoints with beauty, and there is hardly any traffic!
 If I take Fulton all the way in to Ada, and then turn on Petits, I can take it almost all the way to my little house!
 There is a "park" that I have intended to check out for … years almost … and tonight I pulled over, down the drive, parked my car, and took a little exploratory hike ...
 Jesus said, 
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid."
JOHN 14:27


 Isn't this delightfully gorgeous?!

 I love these HUGE trees!

I stepped over a small gated area and entered this wooded pathway ... 

 I love being in the woods this time of day, don't you? I love the lighting and the shadows ...


 I could have walked much further, but the pathway was getting less and less defined and … the mosquitos were beginning to make a meal of me! So … reluctantly, I walked back!
Good-bye Chief Hazy Cloud Park! I'll have to see what you look like when the leaves are in their full color … and then in the winter too! 

No comments: