Saturday, September 6, 2014

Looking forward to more birds ...

Way, way back in early JUNE I moved my flower basket holder (for lack of a better description) to the side of my house, just outside my side window. And instead of hanging flower baskets on it (which were always too heavy and made the entire contraption LEAN at crazy angles), I got a simple bird feeder and a bird bath (not pictured … because the water is dirty).
I bought exactly the correct kind of bird food that would attract those beautiful bright yellow finches (they like thistle seed), filled up my bird feeder, kept nice clean water in the hanging bird bath … and waited ...
Seriously … I hardly had one bird come ALL SUMMER to visit me! I saw many of them fly right by and never even stop to rest! I was a little bit discouraged about this.
 I spoke to my near neighbor about this, and she reassured me that the birds would come, but that it might take awhile for them to … find me!
A few weeks ago, two of those amazing bright yellow finches did actually come and eat a tiny bit of seed (before I could grab my camera!) … and so I thought perhaps they would tell their friends ... 
The other day, however, I was putsying about the house and I heard quite a commotion outside … and it was these darling little birds. At one point, there were so many of them, they kept knocking each other OFF the perches. These photos are not very clear because they are taken from INSIDE looking out my screen window … but they are certainly better than nothing! I am hoping for many beautiful birds from here on out!

No comments: