Tuesday, October 14, 2014

A perfect day for football!

Last Saturday was a perfect weather day for football … cool, but not cold … no rain (!); instead, lots of sunshine ~ a beautiful October day. Comstock Park was playing against Coopersville. Pictured below is some of the warm-up drills the coach has the boys do prior to taking the field.
 This was Game 6 of the season!
Coach Gates runs a tight ship. I get the impression, just from watching the boys, that he is well respected and very much admired. They follow his every move. They listen carefully to what he is saying. They follow him on the sidelines waiting for his next command. I wish we followed Jesus like that! He is certainly deserving of it! 
Little Kaity-girl was there … running, as always ... 
I gave her some kettle corn and a granola bar to snack on, which she enjoyed very much. 


 Comstock Park was victorious in Game Six, 30-6, against Coopersville. Christopher smiles the sweet smile of victory.

Saturday afternoons are fast becoming my favorite day of the week, rivaled only by my mid-week time with Little Fellow … or my Sunday afternoons with the kiddos! I am so thankful to be their grandma.

No comments: