Monday, October 27, 2014

"Train moofie, Gramma Carol?"

First of all, the picture below has nothing to do with a train movie … Dylan and Kelly dressed up as a … can you guess? A twin whale?! That would have been MY guess looking at this hysterical costume!
But no … they CLAIM they are dressed up as a mustache! I know! Isn't that just about the funniest thing you've ever heard?! They tied each half around their middles and when they stand next to each other …. voila'! A mustache! 
 OR … since this is an extra versatile costume, it can be tilted vertically and become … quotation marks! Yikes. Brendan dear did not want to be left out of these pictures! So he ran and put his little arms up to his mama and made it just in time for me to click the shutter!

After Dylan and Kelly left for their party, Brendan and I played trains. He has a really nice collection of wooden track and lots and lots of train cars (not pictured).
Michal joined us in all of our play ...
Brendan is an entirely musical little fellow. He has perfect pitch! What a gift! He can completely duplicate the ringtone on my phone … and he does it with great joy! 
 I love his little face ...
Soon, it was time for couch cuddling and thankfully I brought along a movie (or, "moofie" as Brendan pronounces it) that Brendan had never seen. 

We were having a serious discussion about it: Michal, Brendan and me … and then I opened my backpack and showed him what movie we were going to see! 

The Polar Express! 
Little Fellow was enthralled with every second of this story. He followed everything carefully, and he LOVED the music. His entire body got into the music. I loved watching him interact with it. When it was over, and following potty-time (it was 10:30!), I suggested that it was bedtime. Brendan was very sad because his mama wasn't home yet. So this is what he asked me: "Train moofie, Gramma Carol?" Ah! Why not? So … we watched the whole movie over again. He loved it the second time too. We had such a sweet time together. Love you, Brendan!

No comments: