Thursday, July 9, 2015

A magical and lovely garden ...

Over the 4th of July, my mom and I went down to Detroit to visit my sister and her family for just a brief time. It was nice to get away, and mom had been pretty lonely. We had a good visit and took several walks around their neighborhood.
Some very old friends of our family live just around the corner from my sister--Clint and Marilyn--and they have an amazing garden/park in their back yard. Marilyn works eight hours a day in it just weeding it and keeping it beautiful. 
Saturday morning, nice and early, I walked back there with my camera and just smiled from ear to ear with the beauty of this place ... 
 These pictures do not begin to capture the magic that is everywhere in this space ...

 There are so many colors and kinds of flowers … I was delighted the entire time.


 I had put on mosquito repellent, but it was still tough to get very close to the trees because of them--I thought sure one flew inside my ear at one point, but gladly I was mistaken!

Marilyn says that groups of folk come all the time for garden tours ... 

 I will have a lot of fun making cards from some of these photos … combining them with just the right Scripture.







 Isn't it lush and gorgeous?! Had the mosquitoes not been so hungry, I could have done a better job with these pictures.


Thankful for the beauty of God's awesome creation!

No comments: