Sunday, September 3, 2017

A few hours with BOTH boys ...

August 31:  First of all, Thursday was Kelly's 35th birthday. Dylan and Kelly planned a little celebration date and asked me to take care of BOTH boys. So this first picture is of Kelly opening her card and gifts from me. I love Kelly. She is kind and gentle and interesting and very smart. She has been a good companion for Dylan and always, always, always encouraging to me. 
 Taking care of both boys should not be a big deal (this is what I kept telling myself throughout the day in anticipation) ... but I found myself a little bit ... nervous. First of all, Aidan is a nursing baby who adores his mother (and father too) but obviously Kelly has MILK to give him on demand. I have rarely taken care of Aidan in his first 5.5 months. Not because I don't love him--but just because Brendan and I have a certain weekly date night that we enjoy very much.
 Here is Aidan in all of his drooly cuteness. He is cutting a few teeth presently. Look at this little adorable face! He giggles and smiles and is very charming.
 Since it was such a BEAUTIFUL day, we decided to take Aidan out for a stroll. Brendan, naturally, was in charge of the stroller and stroll-ee. He was so pleased.
 We stumbled on what I now have been told is one of their "neighbor friends"--this fat ground hog.
The ground hog wasn't at all disturbed with how close we came to him.
 I think we should give him a name, something special. I'll have to consort with Brendan about it.
We took a nice walk down by Plaster Creek, where the water is super low right now. Brendan loves it over here--me too.
 Baby Aidan seemed to be okay with our choice of locations too.

This is a very pretty little place. I love the rocks, the trees, reflections, ripples, sounds ... 
 Below is Brendan interacting with the creek ... no--he did not fall in.
 You might be asking: "Is Brendan in his PJ's?"  Well, yes, he is! Evidently he had worn them all day because they were so comfortable.

 We threw some acorns into the stream and quietly listened to the beautiful sounds surrounding us.



 And no ... this tree is NOT about to crush Brendan as he walks by. This "downed" tree has been in this location for quite awhile now ... 
 Looking underneath Madison street ...


 Isn't it so pretty?

 We finished our walk and went back inside Brendan's where we managed to keep baby Aidan somewhat contented until his parents came back home. He only slept 10 minutes the entire 4 hours they were gone! 
I will surely sleep well tonight. Thank you, Lord, for the blessings of grandchildren.

No comments: