Sunday, September 3, 2017

Some Monday time with Brendan ...

Monday, August 28:  Kaity has started Readiness Kindergarten, so our usual Monday afternoons are very interrupted. Since Kaity wasn't coming over, I had planned a kind of do-nothing catch-up day; but Kelly messaged me mid-morning to see if I would be available to play with Brendan for awhile. He needed some grandma time. !! 
 I've taken these pictures with the new/used I-phone gifted to me by my very dear friend. I have forever left the flip-phone era and entered the arena of "smart" phones. Trust me, I'm not very INTO technology in general, so this has a huge learning curve. I'll have to figure out better how the camera works because, obviously these are not very good pictures. But this is what we did at the Beach House as best as I can show to you.
 I was at Bed, Bath & Beyond the other day looking at their clearance stuff and picked up this cool race-car set for 50% off! So for $9.99 I got 222 pieces of track and a very cool glow-in-the dark light-up car that zooms around the track very fast.
 The track is flexible, bendable, and quite interesting. Brendan was super pleased.
 We did a little bit of stenciling and drawing in between making tents on the couch and racing cars.

 Brendan is a pretty intense little person when it comes to building. He knows exactly what he wants to do and carries out his plans precisely. He is completely patient during the process, and does not become overly frustrated if his plans are foiled--he just shifts to Plan B and resumes with the same fervor. This is a very good quality to have! 


 So the hours went happily by. I fed Brendan my fried chicken, rice and broccoli combination with some wonderful bread and butter on the side. Brendan kept saying, "This is good, Grandma!" as he licked his lips for more. He's a pleasure to fix food for!
We drove back to his house and grabbed up chubby Aidan and loved on him for a little while too. Aidan is just about crawling ... almost!

No comments: