Sunday, September 3, 2017

Saturday afternoon ...

September 1:  Saturday. I picked the grandchildren up at 3:30, our usual time. Since Bed, Bath & Beyond still had their clearance deal going, I added another track set (with another car) for $9.99. I wasn't exactly sure if these guys would have any fun with it being that they are older ... but take a look ...
 I moved the furniture in the dining area to make more walking/playing space and everyone joined in on constructing the track and racing the cars.
 This flexible track is really fun and easy to work with. All of the kids got in on the play time and I was really glad I had purchased the extra set!





 We enjoyed a good meal together too. I'm so thankful for this little Beach House that offers so much affordable living and enough space to play with the kids too.
 We had a short Bible story time tonight, including Kaity. I got out some art stuff and read the story about Jesus healing the 10 lepers. Everyone listened up and the story went well. I need to resume teaching the children from the Bible. It has been too long and I had become discouraged in the process. SO ... I must believe that God will use whatever I can offer to the kids by way of teaching them about His great love for them.
 He made them for a purpose and He does have a plan for their lives--a good plan, because He is a good and kind Father. Lord, please help us be like the Samaritan leper who fell at your feet to thank you for healing him. Open our eyes to see you, our hearts to obey you, our ears to perceive your Word and your ways.

No comments: