Saturday, October 28, 2017

Just hanging out ...

October 21:  This has been a delicious autumn. The warmth and sunshine have been wonderful. I DO love the fall days, and if winter wasn't just lurking behind it, I think it would be my favorite season. Three of the kiddos came over today to spend a little time with me. Christopher chose to stay home instead of coming. We missed him!
 Kaity was very enthused to get her work gloves on and rake up a pile of leaves. She had one goal in mind and worked very hard to achieve it.
 Well, I guess she worked as hard as she could ... she was pretty satisfied with this little pile of leaves. I did add a bunch to her pile, but she just wanted to run and jump in them which was A-OK with her grandma.
 Kaity stopped to watch the mail truck come and go ...

 I love you Kaity dear! You truly enjoy a good playtime in the leaves. I'm so glad.


I love Kaity's still baby-soft hair. It looks so beautiful in the sunshine, doesn't it? 
She requested that I bury her "right up to her face" so I went ahead and followed directions. 

 Look at her joy!
 We brought some leaves in with us and ironed them between wax paper to make some sun catchers for my windows--perhaps they can be seen in some of the pictures below.
Kaity and Matt made beautiful sounds on my piano for a little while and did a whole bunch of art work. 

 This is one of my favorite kinds of afternoons with the kiddos. Just hanging out. Just living and relaxing and enjoying each other. Emma was here too, but she (being that she is 15) desired a little "alone" time, so she spent some time in my room being quiet.

 I love these pictures of these two at the piano.





Thank you, Lord. Thank you that You are good and kind. Thank you for the strength You give for each new day. Thank you for these beautiful children. Thank you for being with us today, Immanuel.

No comments: