Monday, November 27, 2017

A post-Thanksgiving Saturday evening treat

November 25:  I spent Thanksgiving in Detroit with Ruthanne, Terry, Shelley, Bob, Matthew and Nolan. Mom and I drove down Thanksgiving morning and did not return until Saturday afternoon! Would you believe I did not take even ONE picture the entire time I was there? Yikes. I do regret that now. Ruthanne and Shelley made a beautiful and very yummy dinner for all of us! I brought banana bread and pumpkin pie! We had a really nice time together. Shelley even autographed my "Beatrice Zinker" book! Yes!
After I returned to the Beach House, I found a message from these dear folk wondering IF I was able to take care of their two precious boys so that they could go out for dinner together. Yes, I said--with the clarification that I was too tired to drive over to their house--and could they please be brought out to me? 
 Baby Aidan came over dressed up like a darling little fox. Oh my. Look at Dylan's happiness overflowing with this tiny person! I love to see Dylan smile like this.

Aidan is quite attached to both Dylan and Kelly actually--he doesn't seem to prefer one over the other--which is pretty remarkable seeing that he gets NO MILK (other than from a bottle) from Dylan--but he gets lots of loving and cuddling from both parents. They do a mighty fine job of caring for their kiddos. 

I was a little concerned that once Dylan and Kelly left, Aidan might be super sad. Thankfully, there is enough "stuff" in my little haven that he was distracted and contented almost (but not quite) the entire time they were gone! 
 Aidan is at the point where he is pretty unstoppable. Brendan finds this a little unnerving at times, but he does really well with all of the interruptions and "undoing" of his play areas. Brendan is not used to sharing The Beach House with anyone at all--so I think Saturday night was quite successful, all things considered.
 Brendan was attempting to make a Hot Wheels track, attaching it to my desk. Aidan thought it would be a good idea to keep pulling it down. 
But he moved on and got busy with other things, and eventually Brendan got his road all built. 
 Isn't baby Aidan the cutest little fox you have ever laid eyes on? I know! I feel the SAME way!





We grown-ups thought Aidan would super enjoy this walker now that he is getting to where his little feet reach the ground. I tried him in it 2x, but he was NOT interested in being this confined! He is a very astute and happy crawler. PLUS, he pulls himself to stand up whenever and wherever possible. 
 Look how nicely Brendan is holding his pencil! Yay, Trinitas! Brendan is doing much better at all of his drawing, tracing, letters, etc. He is super intense with stuff like this!

See? Baby Aidan was not especially joyful
to be in the walker ...

 Aidan has allergies to dairy, gluten, peanuts !! Oh my! Brendan is not allergic to anything at all. So I had to be super careful with what I gave him to snack on and followed Kelly's instructions completely. He enjoyed chewing on pieces of apple and tiny bits of grapes too.
It sure was a treat to see this dear family Saturday night and to play with these beautiful kiddos. So thankful to be their grandma. 

No comments: