Monday, November 27, 2017

Another wonderful Sunday

November 26 (Sunday):  One week ago, Chris and I sat down at my computer to order his birthday gifts from LEGOS.com (where else?) I really hoped they would arrive on time for this Sunday, but there was no guarantee. Saturday, when I came home from Detroit, I had hoped to see a box on my porch--but NO. So, I drove off to church thinking I would have to bring this package over to Chris on his actual birthday and not be able to watch him put it together, etc.
But when I returned home from church ... YES! A box from LEGO! I opened it to make certain BOTH sets were included, and they were !! Good job, LEGO. I wrapped the box and got ready for our usual pre-birthday celebration. Chris was super pleased to see it on the table when he came into the house! 
 Matthew and I played a trial game of QUIRKLE because I had only played it one time (a different, but similar version) and Matthew had never seen the game whatsoever. Did he ever catch on quickly! Had we been playing a REAL game, he would have easily won. I think we will get a lot of joy out of this game all winter long. Thank you, Jesus, that I was able to buy it at Meijer's and at a good price too!

Kaity was busy getting out her favorite stuff to look at and play with. Emma was on my computer listening to beautiful music while watching DIY's.  
 Chris built both of his models and was kind enough to allow Matthew to help him on the second one. Good job, Chris.

 Kaity and I played in the playroom for a long time, racing cars, building bridges and wooden towers, etc. She is a very delightful playmate.

 Kaity is learning SO much at her Readiness Kindergarten class! She is picking out letters so much better now and even wrote her name (it was backwards, but it was definitely HER name). She also sits for longer periods of time drawing, coloring, constructing, etc. Her attention span has grown quite a bit! Yes!


 We had our Bible story too and Kaity sat through the entire thing, coloring an illustration of loaves and fishes that Jesus multiplied to feed 5000+ people. The children listened so nicely and asked really good questions afterwards. I love teaching them about Jesus and how incredibly awesome He is.

 I purchased a layered strawberry cream cake for Chris. We lit the candles and sang "Happy Birthday" to him, even though he doesn't actually turn fourteen until Wednesday. I love these pictures of him.

 The cake was a decided success for those of us who tried it. Matthew and Kaity wanted nothing to do with it, so they had ice cream instead! They both had Kit-Kat ice cream--yum!

What a nice time together. I always marvel at the strength and love that the Lord gives to us. I am so thankful that He cares for us!

No comments: