Wednesday, November 22, 2017

These guys ...

November 19:  This is the second Sunday, now, that the kiddos have come on a Sunday afternoon rather than on Saturday. Chris and Matt were both at a birthday party Saturday, so we switched our day to Sunday this week. 
We didn't do anything special; we just hung out around here. Kaity-Girl did some puzzles ... 
 The boys and Kaity and I played a few games of Memory (I lost all games). Christopher looks rather bored/mean in this picture, but I don't think he was actually either of those things--he's almost 14 now and I think he is WAY past posing for and having his picture taken. Don't you think that's what his expression is saying? Yes, I agree. 
 Kaity brought her horses over to play today. We ate a good meal together, played games, etc. Emma was learning some origami with straws from a DIY on Youtube. She totally depleted my straw supply! But I was glad she was happy making stuff. She is good at making things and finds a lot of happiness in doing so. I have missed her so much since school has resumed and she no longer spends Saturday overnight here. I am glad she still comes once per week to see her old grandma (me). I know she knows that I love her and value her and enjoy her.
 Emma got out my marble-run and constructed a very good one for us to play with. She is super fast at putting this thing together and her designs are always better than the ones that come with it. 
Also, since the boys were "absent" the week we did our Bible story from Mark, the story where Jesus healed the men who were possessed by Legion--we sat at our round table and told them the story. Kaity listened for a second time, and Emma was listening too (even though she was sitting here at my computer--Emma always loves a good story). Chris and Matt listened very carefully as I got to re-tell this beautiful story of healing and hope. I'm so glad Jesus healed those men. Interesting, though, that only one of them sat at the feet of Jesus, only one of them went back to the village and told the wonderful things Jesus had done--but it was enough to change that entire region and impact them with the great news of forgiveness and wholeness. I love these stories from the Gospel of Mark and I was super thankful to be able to share this one with the children this week.

No comments: