Saturday, March 3, 2018

a-MAZ-ing!

Wednesday evening, the last of February:  I picked up Brendan after work today. Thursday doesn't work for us this week because it is Nana's birthday tomorrow and I have plans with her. So I switched days this week (again) for Brendan. 
 Brendan got introduced to my basketball hoop tonight. He liked it. He got bonked on the head a few times ... but he said he was alright and that he thought the hoop was "a-MAZ-ing, grandma!"
 Brendan received a fancy pen at school today because he was a February birthday and so this was the gift he received from Trinitas. He thought the pen was pretty "a-MAZ-ing, grandma!" This "a-MAZ-ing" word is a new thing this week with Brendan. In the last few weeks, though, I've noticed that Brendan will say: "I have to tell you something ..." and I'll ask him "What, Brendan?" and then he will go on to tell me something that is on his dear heart. I'm fixing dinner while Brendan is using his new pen.
 After dinner I got out our ZOO sticker book. I was rather surprised how much Brendan liked this book. "These elephant stickers are a-MAZ-ing, grandma!" Brendan enjoys so many little things in life. He is such a treasure.

 We actually went through most of this sticker book. As we did the stickers, Brendan would ask all about what I knew about the animals--I would tell him what little I actually knew (!!) ... sometimes he would add an interesting fact or two of his own in the sweetest-sounding voice with an occasional lisp or two--ah! Can I stop time right here? Can I please? My heart just loves these precious times with this small person.


 We also played with our finger puppets for awhile. Brendan put on a little puppet show about two bumble bees. One was the worker bee, he told me, and one was the queen. "She's the one that makes all the babies, grandma!"
 The story went something like this: There were two bees. One was a worker bee, so he was very busy working. He flew into the hive one day and BIT the Queen! She was busy making babies, you know." And that was the end!
Brendan said the Queen was very mad at the worker bee for biting her.

No comments: