Wednesday, October 13, 2021

October 11 Yanked

Monday:  Let me begin by stating that I do NOT like going to the dentist. So ... there's that! Sigh. However, there are times when we must do what we do not like to do ... 

Pieces of one of my molars fell out about a year ago. It was full of fillings, etc. However, nothing hurt back there, so I figured I would ignore it. This is my typical M.O. Queen of Denial, that's me. As the months wore on, I began to get some discomfort--not a lot, so I continued to put off doing anything about the broken tooth. UNTIL ... I awoke in the middle of the night with a throbbing that wouldn't stop. 

Since I don't have a dentist and it's been close to 20 years since I've gone, I had to do a little bit of asking around for recommendations. Thankfully, my Monday Night Bible study leader is the wife of a retired dentist--both of these people are super kind and resourceful. They gave me a list of a few names they trusted to do good work at a reasonable price. 

I scheduled an appointment, they did a full mouth examination, diagnosed the problem and recommended the tooth be pulled. Salvaging it only had about a 10% possibility, along with being very expensive. So we scheduled the "yanking" for Monday morning at 11AM.


The dental office has this pretty view behind it. The staff at the office are very helpful, and the dentist is soft spoken, easy to understand, and kind. I opted for "laughing gas" and the whole thing was over pretty quickly. It was as icky as I thought it would be, though, as they were rocking back and forth what was left of that molar and then pulling it out. Gross. They'd had me on an antibiotic all weekend because it was pretty infected, and now I am on over-the-counter pain medication because my whole mouth aches. I'm glad the tooth is out ... but I have more dental work to come in the future. I am no looking forward to it!

No comments: