Sunday, October 31, 2021

October 29 Playoff with W. Catholic

Friday Night:  The Comstock Park Panthers were ushered UNdefeated into the playoff season. They were technically 9 and 0 ... except that 9th game was a forfeit, so zero points were attained--points which could have helped the Panthers considerably going into their playoff game against W. Catholic Friday night. The game was supposed to be played on the home field at W. Catholic--but their field got flooded with all of our recent rain (it is a newer field too), so the game was moved to Houseman Field. I'm going to post a few very poor pictures I managed to take during the game. Sadly, I did not get a single picture of Christopher, #15. He plays defensive end and he did an excellent job during the entire game--his very last game of his high school football career.

It was raining all throughout the game, kind of a steady drizzle. Thankfully, I still have that rain poncho I purchased for when my brother, David, and I went to Mackinac Island in early September. I wore lots and lots of layers underneath and kept pretty dry and almost warm! 
It was not a close game, unfortunately, for Comstock Park. Sadly, they did not score a single point. West Catholic is a very tough school--not a school we regularly play in conference.
But here's the thing: In the THREE years of Chris's high school football participation prior to this one, the Panthers won a total of FOUR games. Yes--that's correct--FOUR games in three seasons. So to have Chris's senior year be one of EIGHT wins and one forfeit--well, that was a much happier season for him. Chris has always loved football.
I haven't spoken to Chris since the game, so I'm not sure how he processed this loss--but I am hoping he realizes how special it was to reach the playoffs and have such a successful senior year.

Kaity wasn't too interested in the game. She was very proud for Comstock Park to make it to the playoffs--there is a lot of school spirit in this district.
I'm glad I was able to see this game! Emma and I drove there separately because she had plans with friends after the game. Naturally (!!), I got a bit turned around getting to the stadium and then actually finding a parking space ... so I was not on time for the game and missed the kick-off. Even though it was a miserable weather night, I am glad I stuck it out until the last second so that I could watch Chris play. Good job, Christopher!

No comments: