Wednesday, October 6, 2021

October 5 Sweeties!

Tuesday:  While it is true that I sometimes (well ... always) get a little bit stressed about my Tuesdays with these kiddos, it always ALWAYS turns out that I am blessed by them and loved through and through. Why do I stress? Perhaps it's that so much goes on all at the same time ... or perhaps it's three little voices talking to me at once ... or maybe it is finding good stuff for us to do instead of boring or meaningless activities ... sigh. These little ones are not difficult to entertain whatsoever. I need to remember that and get it into my brain! 

Emma joined us today as we played! She had a few spare moments before having to go to work at 3:00, so she sat down and built for awhile and played "kitchen" with Aidan and Erin.
Brendan requested the marble run bin and proceeded to build a very nice and completely functional run. Good job, Brendan!

This Little rascal received a Junior Firefighter hat today at pre-school (Erin received one too, but was less enamored with it). At one point while wearing his hat, Aidan looked over at me and asked: "Gwamma--do I wook stwong in my fire hat?" I told him he certainly did! He was SO proud of this hat, it cracked me up.
Pretty soon, Aidan joined Brendan in building the marble run. I thought it looked rather Dr. Seuss-ish when they were finished ...
Aidan wanted to build a run of his own, so he kept at it for a long time until he was satisfied.
Erin tried to be helpful, but Aidan wasn't really allowing her much input.


Look at his pleased little face while watching his marble go through his marble run! This child kills me.
Brendan spent some time (but not excessive) on a tablet I had checked out of the library for him. There were ten very interesting games to play.

Most of our time, however, was spent at the round table just drawing and doodling and eating snacks! I am so thankful they love to color and draw and do art--THIS is where I AM happiest!
I love watching children create stuff ...
Erin is more interested right now in sharpening the colored pencils and watching ME draw ...

We did watch parts of "Frozen" for awhile this afternoon on Erin's request. She loves ELSA and ANNA. Erin told me she is going to be Elsa for Halloween this year. Aidan told me HE is going to be a firefighter.

We drove back to their house and arrived at about 5:45. This darling baby was super happy to see the kids ... and me too! He is a very friendly little fellow. Look at his sweet little face! Erin had been kissing him and making him laugh and I neglected to get a picture of it, so I requested a re-make ...

But by then, Mr. Callaghan had enough kisses and wasn't going to have anything to do with any more!
Erin finally grabbed his little face and planted a kiss (under protest) ...
What sweeties these kids are!
Thank you, Lord, for little children ... for soft babies ... for tender hearts ... for laughter and play. You always bless our time together.

No comments: