Wednesday, October 13, 2021

October 12 Lovely children

Tuesday:  This is the day following my tooth extraction. I had expected to feel FAR better than I do. I actually feel quite lousy--mostly my head and every single tooth that is left in it!

I picked up Brendan from Dylan at 11 and we drove to Mayflower to pick up the little kids. As always (without fail), they jumped up and down when they saw us drive up. It certainly is nice to be loved. I am serious! 

On our drive to my house, Aidan made it perfectly clear that TODAY he was going to make a book out of paper and pencils and tape! He was quite determined about it! Here he is laying out several library books on the floor to see how BIG he wanted his book to be. He kills me.

Erin got busy right away with the cooking. She wanted to be sure I had my tea. Look at her! Isn't she the sweetest little thing? Yikes. 
Brendan, who faithfully makes "stuff" every week decided to do some Origami today! Yes! I have a TON of Origami books and paper for him to utilize. Perfect.

Erin saw me pointing my camera and said: "Cheese!"
Her curls! Her eyes! I wish you could hear her talk ... she has the sweetest little voice and her words are SO cute.

This is AIDAN laughing because he stuck the toy teapot in a bowl and decided I could EAT it.
We did a LOT of coloring and drawing again today. I am so happy they love to do this.
Aidan has mastered drawing flowers ... he is VERY proud of it too.
Brendan made a bunch of "waterbombs" out of his Origami today. He sat here quietly working for the longest time. He has a LOT of patience when he works on something.

Here is Erin after watching Aidan draw such pretty flowers ... she tried to make a few of her own (see the GREEN on her paper?) ...
... but she said she liked Aidan's better.
We also played a little game called "Super Bounce!" out of our Mo Willems craft book. We had so much fun laughing together as we bounced each other around. Aidan did NOT play--he was busy making his BOOK. But Brendan did play--I love it when he comes close and interacts. He cracked himself up during the game because it's pretty basic. We were using a coin to flip: Heads = 2 moves  Tails = one move. At one point, we were bouncing each other backwards and forwards for a very LONG time without ever making progress around the board! Erin thought this was hilarious.

We enjoyed a nice ice cream treat and lots of snacks thoughout the day.
We also built and built and built with our magnetic toys. I love to build with these kids. Every single one of them is patient as they make something. They do not give up easily. And even when something doesn't work out exactly as they wanted, they adjust to it rather readily and keep on building.

This is Aidan's MINECRAFT house ...
And this is the inside of another house Aidan designed.
And what about Aidan's book? Well ... it turned out that he made TWO books: one to take home to show his mom and dad, and one for me. "This is for your bookshelves, gwamma!"  I'll try to show you his book below ...

When asked what this book was actually about, the reply was: "I'm not sure, gwamma!" 

Aren't little kids the BEST?


No comments: