Monday, January 15, 2024

January 12 Winter comes to W. Michigan

Friday:  We are under a "Winter Storm Watch/Warning" all throughout W. Michigan from this morning until mid-day Sunday. They are calling this a "BOMB CYCLONE" (such a weird designation since it is neither one); i.e. conditions are perfect for a LOT of snow as well as arctic temperatures.

I had been invited to an event with my Bible study small group--we were supposed to meet at Margaret's to play games and have dinner tonight; but about mid-day, this was cancelled due to the concerns about slippery roads. We were also supposed to attend a home-school play production of "Fiddler on the Roof" Saturday afternoon--but I didn't sign up for that because I didn't want to miss my time with Kaity. But that production was cancelled as well. 

SO ... I just stayed home Friday!

Actually, we only got about 2" of snow the entire DAY Friday! We probably could have met over at Margaret's house without a problem; but it was good to be conservative and play it safe. I was glad to stay home!

No comments: