Monday, January 29, 2024

January 27/28 Kaity Sleeps Over

Saturday:  Since both of Kaity's parents are out of town this weekend, I got to have Kaity spend Saturday night here at the Beach House. Kaity hasn't had many sleepovers at my house 😕 because ... well ... I'm not sure! I know she spent the night here a few years ago when I was in Florida for 10 days. Emma was living here at the time and Kaity slept over and went to church the next morning too.

I picked Kaity up at 10AM Saturday morning. I didn't really have an agenda for us. I wasn't sure if Kaity had much sleep Friday night (she has odd sleeping hours, especially on weekends), and decided to just hang out here. It isn't difficult to relax with Kaity and just do the usual household stuff that I usually do when she is not here. She plays a lot on her phone (games with friends, short video clips, etc.) and I actually designed a card and printed out for my "Missions" file during the afternoon.

We also folded and flew a bunch of paper airplanes. See?


We also worked on my super annoying puzzle. Kaity found FIVE pieces--I was so thrilled! I only found ONE, but that was okay. We drove over to Altitude at our usual Saturday night hour--but it was SO crowded with so many parties--there was hardly room to jump! PLUS, none of our friends were there. We didn't recognize a single person! I wasn't even surprised when Kaity suggested that we leave after only 30 minutes. We had already stopped by Diana's house to get her shampoo and conditioner--so we drove back to my house and Kaity washed her hair. THEN we watched a movie: the original and first JURASSIC PARK movie. I think it's been years since I've seen it! Kaity likes to watch movies that freak me out. For some reason, she finds my screaming to be amusing.

I almost forgot! Kaity "wandered into" the medicine cabinet in the main bathroom and found a bunch of abandoned make-up in a little cosmetic bag--so she got to work making up her face. She was only doing this to be funny--Kaity is ELEVEN and doesn't wear make-up! But she sure had fun piling it on for a few minutes.
Kaity had so much lipstick on and so many colors of it all at once that she looked ... hilarious.
We ended up going to bed at about 10PM. We left our separate doors open. I went to bed with my usual book to read and Kaity had her phone and was playing games. She did really well with being quiet. I only. heard her once when she got up to use the bathroom at about 1AM. But she did not keep me awake one bit; so everything worked out fine.

Sunday:  We met Ruthanne and Terry at church this morning for the 10:45 service. I wasn't sure what Kaity would like or NOT like about being in church; but she did just fine. She sang with us and then was super quiet during the teaching time--she actually fell asleep while leaning on my shoulder--which was just fine. It was a good service, a really great time of worship, and I was so thankful to be there. Kaity actually recognized one of the songs: "Holy Forever" because I have it on a playlist on my phone that I listen to all the time while we are driving. It was nice to hear her voice singing it along with a thousand others in church today.

We decided to bring lunch home from Qdoba. YUM. We both ordered their "BOWLS" and got steak and rice. It was wonderful. I only ate half of mine and saved the other half for lunch on Monday. Kaity wanted to watch another JURASSIC movie, so we did. This was the second Jurassic Park movie that came out in 1997 (I think) ... "The Lost World: Jurassic Park II". I didn't even know this one existed! It was an interesting story and really scary. 
We worked on our puzzle some more and just hung out. It was so nice to have you here for 36 hours, Kaity. You are a JOY to be with. Love you to pieces.

PS. I took Kaity back to Diana at about 5:15 and then went to watch the Lions in the playoffs against the 49ers. Sigh. It was like watching two totally different Lion's teams! We were amazing in the first half and up by 17 points at half-time. But did we win? Will we be in the Super Bowl FINALLY?!?!?!? No. We lost the game. The second half was miserable to watch. Everything that could have possible gone wrong, DID. I was screaming my head off. Well ... I'm still proud of how the Lions played this season. It certainly was fun to follow a winning team for once!

No comments: