Friday, February 13, 2009

A love poem ...

Oh Lord, I do not ask for much ~
eternal beauty or youth or such
Just give me a little hand to hold
and I'll forget that I'm growing old
I do not ask for cloudless skies
a life that's free from tears and sighs
Just give me a little face to kiss
and anxious moments will turn to bliss
For what is there, really, that means so much
as little hands that reach and touch
As little eyes that search and see
only the best in fragile me?
So let me grow more loving and wise
by looking at life through their wide eyes
For through these little ones, You have given
this grateful grandma a glimpse of heaven.
A GRANDMOTHER'S PRAYER by Barbara Burrow

7 comments:

The Farm Fresh Friends said...

Mom, this is a beautiful Valentine's Day post!

Mom Jones said...

Thanks, Rachel. My heart just agrees so much with this sweet little poem. :)

Emily said...

Cute!

Sabrina said...

What a wonderful little poem Mom! I love it!

Emily said...

What are you folks doing tonight?

Diana said...

I love it, thanks mom! I just gave the kids your valentine's to them. They are quite excited and delighted.

Mom Jones said...

Hi Everyone! Mr. Jones and I had our Valentine "date" yesterday afternoon actually. We ate a wonderful yummy late lunch at Red Lobster and then ran errands together. :) We're not doing anything tonight because I volunteer at Super Saturday over at church every Sat. night and don't get home until 8:00 or so. I'm glad the kids liked the valentines, Di. Do you think we could possibly SKYPE tonight or tomorrow afternoon? Hope all of you folks get to do something fun with your families today and maybe even have a "date" with your husbands. :)