Friday, February 20, 2009

psalms of praise ...

Let the rivers clap their hands in glee!
Let the hills sing out their songs of joy before the LORD.
For the LORD is coming to judge the earth.
He will judge the world with justice,
and the nations with fairness.
PSALM 98:8-9

Let the trees of the forest rustle with praise before the LORD!
For the LORD is coming!
He is coming to judge the earth.
He will judge the world with righteousness
and all the nations with his truth.

PSALM 96:12-13
We are forecasted to wake up to 4-9" of new snow in the morning ... I thought I'd get a jump on praising Him for His handiwork ... ;)

3 comments:

Ryan and Sandra said...

Thank you for posting so many beautiful photos of the snowy days you're having. It helps me remember it really IS February. (I think every day feels like early June here!)

Thanks, too, for your encouragement and prayers for us. Today at the farmers' market, I had a moment of extreme difficulty understanding the price of an item, and asked the vendor to write it for me on the paper I'd brought for the purpose, just in case. She did, happily, and a man nearby said "one hundred fifty", which was obviously very helpful. I thanked them both, and then was able to express that it's very difficult for me in Spanish, to which he replied, "Poco a poco...." It literally means "little by little" and is commonly used to discuss the process of learning Spanish. Just use a little more each time you try, and before you know it, you'll be speaking well! :)

All that to say, we are very grateful for your prayers and for keeping the class at Calvary updated. Thank you so much!

Love,
Sandi

Ruthanne said...

Carol, I LOVE the picture of the blue barn and the two horses - gorgeous and peaceful!! We don't have ANY places like that around here! It is just city, city, and more city! Grand Rapids area is just beautiful because there are so many nice places like that a short distance from the city. Enjoy!

Mom Jones said...

Hi Ruthanne! The blue/grey barn is just a 3 minute walk from this house ... and around the block and up a private (!) drive, is another beautiful and quiet farm and then if I just hop in my car and drive north and a little west, I'm right on "the Ridge" which is all orchards and farmland ... I feel very blessed to have all of it SO close ... it makes it fun to have a camera. :)