Monday, April 13, 2009

Death and life ...

Easter is my favorite time of year. I love it even more than Christmas. The contrast between death and life is so evident everywhere I look ~ new and perfect leaves (beautifully GREEN) peaking through a forest carpeted in old brown dead foliage ... RED berries hanging on bare gray trees! Spring is finally here ... and in a few weeks, it might even be warm in Michigan!
Love crucified arose!
The risen One in splendor
Jehovah's sole defender
has won the victory
Love crucified arose!
And the grave became a place of hope
for the heart that sin and sorrow broke
is beating once again.
(Chorus to Love Crucified Arose by Michael Card)
"God is so rich in mercy,
and he loved us so very much,
that even while we were dead because of our sins,
he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead."
Ephesians 2:4

Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Lord, is risen from the dead! He is risen indeed!

1 comment:

Ryan and Sandra said...

As always, what beautiful photos to let me know what the weather's like in GR right now! You've really captured Spring. I can almost feel the air and smell the freshness.

As I looked back over your posts from your trip, I couldn't help but notice Emporia, KS. It's not far from my grandparents' home, which I visited many times throughout my childhood and even last fall. We always got to stop at Sonic for a cherry lime-aid when we got there. I think it's fun that you were there, too. :)

Thanks again for your prayers & encouragement regarding our last blog post. Everything's going well at the moment, and it's hard to believe that our final day of the trimester is next Thursday! We're even starting to learn past tense, which (as you might imagine) is really important and exciting.

Sandi