Sunday, April 5, 2009

It's Emily's birthday!

Last year, early on in my retirement, I was cleaning some drawers and closets in one of our spare rooms and stumbled upon this photograph of Adam's Emily. I don't know when it was taken, except perhaps before one of the many homecomings or proms they went to during their high school years ~
Isn't she lovely?

I was so struck by the beauty of this picture, I couldn't just put it in a pile of photos to be stashed somewhere in a drawer around here. I looked throughout the house and found a frame, and now this picture is appropriately displayed. Adam must have had another copy of it to have left this one behind when he moved out.

Today is Emily's birthday. We wish her the very happiest year yet. She and Adam are expecting their first baby in September. We bought her a couple of books we thought she might enjoy about becoming a mother. We have just left their house the morning of Emily's birthday, having come for a brief visit on the last leg of our spring trip to Texas ... Minneapolis not being at all near Texas, but straight up I-35 from Austin, kind of on our way home! We don't see Adam or Emily often enough so it was nice to be with them this weekend! Happy Birthday, Emily!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful year, Emily.

Emily said...

Thank you for the post! That picture is one of my senior pictures.