Monday, April 6, 2009

Saturday at Adam and Emily's ...

I never got the opportunity to tell you what we did over at Adam and Emily's on Saturday. We were just too tired by the end of the day to fire up the computer and upload pictures ... and we didn't really take that many pictures. In fact, Grandpa Jones never took his camera out of the van the entire time we were in Chaska ~ something about there being no grandchildren around to take pictures of! Come September all of that will change over in Chaska, and I imagine Grandpa Jones will take tons of photos then.

In the morning, Emily and I ran some errands together. I wanted her to help me pick out a hair extension (long story) and match the color to my hair ... so we did that. I have to read up about how to use it ~ there is an on-line site I can check out to see some styles, etc. and I'll do that once I get rested up from this very long trip. Emily also needed to go to a bead shop and purchase some beads for a gift she was making for a friend. We came back home and had lunch with "the boys", relaxed a bit, and then we all drove over to Eden Prairie Mall to walk around for awhile. We would have preferred to hike around Chaska and see some stuff outside, but it was too cold and windy to enjoy the outdoors Saturday. Emily and I went into Jamboree and looked at baby clothes for quite awhile ... we actually managed to get out of the store without a single purchase! They had some great sales going on, but since we don't know yet if #10 is going to be a boy or a girl, we decided to wait until we find out first.
For dinner, Emily mentioned a Korean restaurant she really enjoys ... so we drove over and ate dinner Korean style. Emily properly uses chopsticks and ate her entire meal that way. Adam is pretty good with chopsticks too. I gave it a try, but gave up! I ordered the best chicken fried rice I have ever eaten in my life. Mr. Jones also ordered the chicken fried rice, and between the two of us, we had so much of our dinners left over we are eating it tonight here at home. It's only 3:45 in the afternoon and I am counting the minutes until 5:00 when I can legitimately say it is time for dinner! Yum!
And since Sunday was Emily's birthday, she opened up the presents we had brought for her ~ and then we had fun looking through the Baby Names book for quite a little while. Meanings of names are so interesting. But my favorite book we got for her was "Love Letters for My Baby." I think Emily liked it too!
We had fun getting better acquainted with Pixie Cat. She is really a sweet little animal. Emily is feeding her some yogurt in this picture. Pixie wasn't too sure about Grandpa Jones and I. She kind of made herself scarce throughout our visit. Oh, and Emily did a very nice job trimming my hair Saturday night too. After being away and on the road for nearly 3 weeks, we were really too exhausted to do any high-energy types of activities Saturday. We've decided that in the future, we're going to take side trips to Minneapolis and not include it in our very long treks to and from Texas. Adam and Emily are coming home to Grand Rapids near the end of June for a baby shower one of Emily's aunts (I think) are planning for her. Sabrina and her family will be home at the same time ... how nice for all of them, after such a long separation, to be able to be together! We are looking forward to it.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I did have a nice birthday with Adam. He let me rest before I returned to work on Monday. We did stop by Best Buy to get a case for the new camera.

Mom Jones said...

I'm glad you were able to do that before returning to work yesterday. It was very nice to be with you two! Our leftovers were as delicious as expected ... we actually ate dinner yesterday at 4:45 because I couldn't wait any longer! :)