Thursday, April 23, 2009

Exquisite beauty ...

Today was the first day I ventured outside of the house since Sunday ... I've been down with a nasty head cold! But the sun was shining today, and April was one week away from being ripped from my calendar ~ and that meant there were only a few more days left to see the Foremost's Butterflies are Blooming exhibit over at Frederik Meijer Gardens! I had a wonderful three hours there and took tons of photos too. I wanted to show you just a few tonight, just so that you could share my joy in seeing these delightful little creatures God so amazingly designed.

"Let everyone in the world fear the LORD, and let everyone stand in awe of him. For when he spoke, the world began! It appeared at his command." Psalm 33:8-9 Leopard Lacewing2 Leopard lacewings landed together on this boy's shirt!
Julia Longwing
Tiger Longwing
Atlas Moth
Tree Nymph
Postman
Zebra Longwing

Aren't they something?! I have always admired people who could paint a great landscape or sketch the exact likeness of a person, or do a fabulous architectural rendering ... but I actually KNOW the Person who created all of this! Wow. :)

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

those are beautiful pictures mom! stunning! glad you finally ventured out and are starting to feel better.

Ruthanne said...

Glad you are doing better, Carol. Colds can be the worst! Your pictures are just beautiful!!

Unknown said...

I love the label, Isn't God Awesome? That says it all. There's no other conclusion looking at his creation. Loved the pics. =)