Sunday, October 20, 2013

Our Saturday afternoon adventures ...

When I think of all the places we have visited so far on our weekend ramblings ... Townsend Park, Pickerell Lake, the Rockford Dam, Dwight Lidell Park, Stoney Creek ~ I'm just amazed there are SO MANY beautiful parks within such a short drive from my house. And as I thought about where to go Saturday afternoon, I couldn't make up my mind ... until I remembered we had not been out to Ada yet. HOW could I let Autumn go by without going out to Ada?!!!
Ada Park is the very spot where Dylan and Kelly had their rehearsal dinner three summers [and a lifetime] ago. But these kiddos did not get to attend that event, being somewhat stuck 1600 miles away. They were so delighted with this beautiful place! 
Christopher found the HUGEST leaf EVER. I told him it was as BIG AS HIS HEAD ... and he proved me right by covering his entire face with it! 

The colors were just stunning Saturday afternoon, and we drank in the beauty as we explored the woods together ... 
I love this picture of Christopher!
He carried his prize leaf around with him
all afternoon ... 
We walked many trails, taking all kinds of routes and turns until the children finally spied this incredible playground ... and that was it for our hiking! The children just about went wild with this playground. 
Matthew, on the geo-dome ...
I was telling a friend, who lives just a mile or so from here, at church this morning that we had visited this awesome playground. She told me they had recently added new equipment and had upgraded the entire playground area. They did a great job of it.
Emma thought this "wave" was extra cool. She said she was pretending to be "Jesus, walking on the water." 


Christopher was less excited about the "wave." I tried it for about one second and got right back off ... it really does feel exactly like a ... wave!  
I think Matthew's favorite thing here was the wooden house. He just loved climbing all over this thing and announced that this was "HIS HOUSE!" Matthew told to his teacher on Friday that every Saturday (!) he and Chris and Emma and their grandma go on an ADVENTURE! I loved how he claimed this house for his own, like a true explorer!

 These kiddos are quite the monkeys at a playground. Oh my ... they had so much fun!

 I think this is the best playground we have ever seen ... at least here in our area!

All three kids spent a lot of time digging here in the sand. They were all able to figure out how to work the digger and were really good at moving dirt around!

Since we were so close to the Ada Covered Bridge, we made a quick stop there before returning home.
I love this spot! The kids did too. 
Hunting for little shells along the river
 This is a wonderful place to relax and enjoy the beauty God has made ... so we did just that!




I think we will re-visit Ada many times throughout the year and watch how it changes with each season ... but this Autumn day is one I will remember and cherish for a very long time. 

No comments: