Friday, November 15, 2013

Five minutes until midnight ...

It's been a busy day for a Friday. After working the last three days, getting up at 5:30 a.m., it's slightly past my bedtime tonight as I wait for these three rascals to go to sleep. We are all here in the main room, the children in their sleeping bags, and me on the couch. They are almost ... asleep!
I picked them up from their grandparents tonight at 5:20, and since I had not prepared any dinner, we ate at Wendy's ~ kids meals were $1.99 after 4pm ... so that's what we did and it was fun. We got home finally and right away read story after story from the library basket: three Mo Willem stories, and a really nice rendition of The Nutcracker with beautiful illustrations. We read quite few others, but I am too tired to recall their titles.
I checked out a book from the library a few days ago that I knew the kids would enjoy ... it's a LEGO version of Noah's Ark! Emma is paging through it in the picture above. 
I also found some nice origami paper at Michael's. Matthew just loves origami. We played for awhile, but then it was pj's and a movie. Tonight we watched "Eight Below" about eight husky dogs and their owner and the adventures they experienced down in Antarctica (based on a true story). We liked it! 

Tomorrow, we have plans to drive across town to visit Hagar Park in Jenison. We printed out a map of the hiking trails tonight ... so we are all set for tomorrow AND the weather is supposed to be fairly mild. I'll tell you all about it ... later!

No comments: