Sunday, November 10, 2013

Our quiet Saturday morning ...

Friday night, Matthew was the first one asleep ~ which is usually the case. I'm not saying that he fell asleep EARLY because on any given Friday night, the "earliest" sleeper is not soundly sleeping until after 11:00. It was nearly 11:30 when Matthew fell asleep Friday night, and everyone followed soon after.  We all got a good night's rest!
All of the kids continue to enjoy my piano
Christopher looks like a natural pianist here!
I was surprised, and I won't lie, I was PLEASED that everyone slept until 8:00 in the morning. I was even able to shower and get somewhat presentable before the last of them (Emma) crawled out from her sleeping bag ready to enjoy breakfast. 
Matthew was actually the first one awake. He was pretty taken with a new Origami book I had checked out from the library, and he got right to work on making some stuff. 
I also found a couple of really really cool LEGO books that showed huge models constructed entirely out of LEGO's that were replicas of The Statue of Liberty, The Empire State Building, Mount Rushmore, and so much more. Christopher was very interested in looking all through both books and kept showing me the models he liked best. 

 Emma re-arranged my refrigerator magnets ... she does this almost every week, and tells a little adventure story with them.

Matthew and Emma spent some time back in the playroom, hauled out most of the varied blocks back there and began building a city of their own, and I think they were also making a zoo ... 




There was nothing extra-special about our morning. But I was happy to see how relaxed all of us were, just hanging out here at the house, enjoying each other's company. In my life, nothing compares to this quiet JOY of having the children nearby.

I wasn't sure what we were going to do with the rest of our day ... and then my phone rang and it was Dylan wondering if he and Brendan could come over for a little while to play! YES! I should have posted these entries in a more time-accurate manner; but I didn't think of that until I was already in the middle of my narration! Please see "Brendan visits his cousins ~ with Uncle Dylan and Aunt Kelly."

No comments: