Sunday, December 8, 2013

Potluck and Christmas carols at the Beach House

My small group from church, LOGOS, came over after church this morning for a potluck and singing of Christmas carols! We crammed 17 folk into this tiny place, and at one point it was kind of wall-to-wall food, people, chairs, musical instruments ... a wonderful thing for sure!
 These folk are the dearest friends! I am blessed to know each of them and share fellowship and friendship with them. We had tons of food to eat ... 
 When we had stuffed ourselves beyond what we could ever have thought possible, it was time to sing! I'm sure you are thinking that I was the one who accompanied the singing, playing my beautiful piano ... but ... I just don't play well enough to do it in public! I love to play when there is NO ONE to hear me, and I play every single day and enjoy every minute of it. Thankfully, we have a rather new friend in our group who is an accomplished pianist. She played the piano and I handed out percussion instruments (the ones I use with my grandchildren) and we sang every single Christmas carol that we could!

This is our friend, Diana, from Idaho
who has recently joined our small group.
She plays the piano beautifully.
We had a wonderful time singing carols together, lifting up the name of Jesus, rejoicing at His coming to earth for us!

No comments: