Sunday, December 22, 2013

The BEST Christmas present ever ...

Since Emma, Chris and Matthew spent Saturday night at my house, they were allowed to come to church with me this morning. I just want to say here and now that it has been years since the children have been to my church to worship with me ... and for YEARS I have sat in the services wishing they were next to me. So ... this morning was way beyond special. 
The roads were still pretty hazardous this morning, but we ventured out to attend the 3rd service this morning at Calvary Church. I knew the kiddos would LOVE the lights and beauty of the sanctuary, as well as really really enjoying the orchestra and choir ~ I wasn't one bit wrong either!

It was a Family Church Sunday, so the children were called up to the platform area to gather around our worship leader who talked kindly to them and asked if they would help him sing two Christmas carols. Emma and Matthew were eager to join the group up front, but Christopher stayed back with me in the pew. That was fine ... I certainly wasn't going to force the issue! They all enjoyed being there in their own way, were very well behaved all throughout the service (!), and I was SO THANKFUL to have them with me. The best thing was to hear their sweet voices sing their praises to Jesus.

Afterwards, we explored the balcony and a few other places, and then we went outside. Naturally, the ice and snow were a bit compelling ... so we played for awhile!

This is huge chunk of snow/ice
that Christopher carved out of a snow mountain













I don't need or want anything else for Christmas. My cup is FULL. I had the happiest morning that I will never forget ... precious in every way.

No comments: