Tuesday, December 24, 2013

The JOY of my desiring ...


Every year, for the last seven or eight years, I have designed and constructed my own Christmas cards. I love designing cards because I love to combine beautiful scenic photographs with Scripture or beautiful hymn lyrics and then ... make it all into a card that communicates ... Christmas!
This song, "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" (JS Bach, 1723) is one I have loved for as long as I can remember. Do you know the music? Can you hear it? I am presently learning to play it on my piano! I love the lyrics too, because they are so true! Jesus meets every longing, every desire of my heart. And what is better, He has never disappointed me ... not ever. 
Christmas is because of "God's tender mercy." I'm so thankful He sent His wonderful Light into this world of darkness, to point us to the path of peace! 

PS ~ These photographs were taken on a wonderful wintry walk in 2009 with one of my dearest friends in the world, Karen! We had such a great time together that day!

No comments: