Monday, January 12, 2015

These few hours were such a gift ...


I have another new work schedule--so for now, Monday's are my day off. I work part-time and I have been used as a "floater" over at the doc's office for many months now. Presently, they need me four days a week doing a variety of jobs for which I am very thankful. 
I decided last week that I needed more winter photos for card making purposes … but the conditions have to be right! Yesterday was a perfect photo day. I didn't want to be gone all day, nor did I want to drive a great distance and run into any bad weather; so my choices were somewhat limited. I had all but practically decided to go to Meijer Gardens and walk the boardwalk out to the bog, but I didn't really want to pay for my hike!
I DID need to replenish my local honey supply and I always purchase my honey over at Robinette's over on the Beltline. So I drove over there, thinking that is what I would do … and perhaps I could stroll through the orchard and take some pretty pictures! But alas, Robinette's was closed!
So … now what, Lord? That's what I asked Him! And then I was reminded of Provin Trails Park! Just a half mile down Four Mile, practically right next-door to Robinette's!
It had been quite a while since I had visited here! I had completely forgotten it existed! Probably because I always long for a little stream with my woodsy pictures … and there just isn't a stream at Provin Trails!
I decided to go ahead and hike the trails to see what I could see … most streams would be frozen anyway and so there would not be the beautiful reflections that I love so much.
Thankfully, the SUN WAS UP AND SHINING … so I had all kinds of shadows to befriend!
The snow was SO soft … it just felt like feathers almost walking through it!
What I love about this little park is that it only takes about two minutes of walking before we get into deep woods … and completely forget there is any city anywhere on the planet … just these lovely graceful trees … and the quiet of the woodland.
Quiet. Absolutely. Quiet enough to hear God speak through His beauty, deep down ...
It was quite magical … this hour in the woods. I was alone and free and so thankful to be there.
So I started thinking of what God says about peace, stillness, quiet … and then that dear old hymn came to mind, "There is a place of quiet rest, near to the heart of God."
"A place where sin cannot molest, near to the heart of God."
"O Jesus, blest Redeemer, sent from the heart of God … "
"Hold us, who wait before Thee, near to the heart of God."
"There is a place of comfort sweet, near to the heart of God."
"A place where we our Savior meet, near to the heart of God."
"There is a place of full release, near to the heart of God."
"A place where all is joy and peace, near to the heart of God."
And so I sang those words as I rambled through the sparkling shimmering snow ...
It was exactly what I needed … complete and perfect contentment. God's hand in everything He has created … stunning beauty, unequaled design … tells me so much about Him! I am SO glad I belong to Him!


I did meet a few cross-country skiers along the way … almost got run over by one (a near miss) … but that was my fault completely because I was walking on the main trail with my camera pointing to the sky trying to capture those amazing far-reaching branches all glimmering in the sunlight ...






I took 270 pictures out there. Many of them are decent enough to use, but NONE of them in any way matches being there, walking and listening and praising ...


I heard a tap-tap-tapping coming from … somewhere! Like a hammer almost! WHAT was making that sound? I followed it off the pathway and came to a large, rather thick tree and listened. Sure enough … it was coming from INSIDE the tree! I do not know what it was!







I love trees!

I love shadows!

I love the outline of the snow on the trees!



What a perfect day for a winter walk!










Now I want to match up some beautiful Scriptures with some of these better photos and make a few cards. Yes, that's exactly what I am going to do!

No comments: